Uncontrolled vehicle movements are a significant safety issue on Mine Road Networks. To better manage the hazard, you need to objectively measure the risk.
Mine Road Surface Friction Assessment and Profiling
RoadSafety Training Services (RTS) pioneered and developed this protocol designed specifically for Mine Road Networks. This Safety initiative is endorsed by the Queensland Mines Inspectorate.
Protocol outcomes :
- Mine haul road safe friction profiling
- Mine haul road water application management
- Mine haul road network safety audit
- Water Cart Fleet; water application (ground rate) calibration
Mine site solutions :
- On-site consultation services
- RTS/ADE conducted audit of mine haul road network
- Friction assessment and profiling
- Water application management advisory service
- Training services
On-site training of friction assessment
- Annual refresher course
- On-site training of friction assessment
- Road network safety presentations and awareness sessions
Under the guidance of RTS, ADE offer friction auditing and training programs to mining customers.
History of Mining Services
RTS was approached by the Mine Safety Regulator to provide an innovative solution to the prevalence of uncontrolled vehicle movements on mine haul road Networks. The outcome of the operational mine site pilot trial and subsequent application of the technology and procedure methodology has been an outstanding safety initiative success story.